Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Family Dinner Wonderfulness

I like using words that aren't real.

I have no pictures to go along with this little post, just some happy, hopeful ramblings. I played hooky from work tonight to go out to eat with my parents and husband. I haven't seen my parents in over a month, so this was a very good thing. There shouldn't be too many repercussions of calling off work because... I'm quitting! I have been so unhappy there for so long and I kept telling myself that staying there is the safe thing to do. However, it is no longer the safe thing to do. Why, do you ask? I'd be glad to tell you. In addition to being a full time employee and work anywhere from 40-60 hours a week, I am a full time nursing student. That means spending two days a week in class (about 12 hours) and two days a week at clinical, doing what I do at work without getting paid (about 16 hours). Because I not only work full time but work full time nights, I have not been sleeping. And by not sleeping, I really mean not sleeping. It's becoming completely unhealthy and my boss is unwilling to work around my schedule, so I am quitting. I had a couple of interviews in the past month or so that I am waiting to hear back on, but I have decided to go ahead and put in my two weeks before hearing back from them. I know that it's a risky move in this economy, but I feel that nothing good ever comes from not taking risks. I also make enough money from babysitting job to hold us over until I get something else.

Anyway, I have been extremely happy since coming to this decision in the wee hours of Monday morning (when I wasn't sleeping). I have literally been smiling all the time, cheerful and friendly, and just generally more hopeful and in good spirits. While it's a risky move, I definitely feel that it is the most positive decision I have made in quite a long time.

I can't wait to see my husband more and read more good books. Currently reading: Freedom Writers' Diary

No comments:

Post a Comment