Thursday, May 3, 2012

Graduation= Time for Blogging

Oh my goodness, I have been quite neglectful of this little corner of the internet! Life has been quite the whirlwind. Since my last blog post, I have continued my life of school and work. I have not ever written about my (relatively) new job, only about my old job that I was unhappy at. My new job is working in the pediatric intensive care unit at one of the children's hospitals in my lovely little city. I have been there since October as a nurse's assistant and I love it with my entire heart. It is a very emotional place to work and the bad days are incredibly hard, but the good days are oh so good. Fortunately, I have been offered to stay on after I graduate, which leads me to the next busy part of my life...

Graduation! I graduate from nursing school in two days! I am both very excited and a little in shock. It doesn't seem real to me yet. However, I am not done yet, as I have been accepted to grad school at Vanderbilt! I had completely given up on being accepted, but I was! I will be studying to be a pediatric nurse practitioner through their long distance program, so I will stay in St. Louis and will not have to relocate. This is a good thing as the hubs and I have been moving up in the grown up world...

We are buying a house! We began looking at the point when I thought I would not get into nursing school. The area where we live is a tad expensive, but we were willing to spend a little more money on a house if it was nice enough that we would (hopefully) never move again. Then I was accepted to school and we freaked out a little bit about money. Then we continued looking at cheaper house and we ended up finding one that not only did we love best, but was also the cheapest! We are incredibly superstitious however, and I will post pictures after the last bit of paperwork has been signed and it is 100%, officially ours.

Other things that I have done in my absence:
I wear cute happy scrubs like this to work. Sometimes I ask Mark if my scrubs match. He always responds the same way, "You work with children. They don't care if they match. They just like Hello Kitty."

 In February we adopted a furbaby! This is our little Cambria. She makes our lives so much better. She is incredibly playful and silly. She likes watching hockey with her dad and chewing on her mom's toes.

I added another tattoo to my every growing body canvas. This one means the most to me, as it is entirely dedicated to my husband. He always gets me red roses, with one yellow one (it's hard to tell, but the top rose is yellow). I included our wedding anniversary as well. 


Ii will do my best to update more frequently from now on. I have many exciting adventures coming up, so I will try to keep up to date.

Currently Reading: A People's History of the United States by Howard Zinn

No comments:

Post a Comment