Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Holy smokes, yet again I let time get away from me. I will try to stay more on top of things. In the meantime, I recap of what has happened since the last time I posted (almost a year ago! Eeps!)
 
We bought a house!
 Even thought it has been almost a year, we are taking our sweet time filling it up with furniture and other treasures. We are never moving again, so we have plenty of time.

We became furparents again. This is Cleo, a now two and a half year old rescued English bulldog. We love her probably more than most children are loved by their parents. It's a bit ridiculous (as I type, she is taking a nap on my lap, snoring crazy loud. Yes, I said on my lap, even though she is about 50 pounds).

I have continued working in the pediatric ICU. It's a job of very extreme emotions, there really is no middle ground. On good days, I love it and on bad days I hate it. This is really difficult to explain and I doubt anyone who doesn't work with sick kids can understand what I mean, but it is what it is. 

I am also enrolled in Vanderbilt University's Nurse Practitioner program, studying to be a primary pediatric nurse practitioner. I am just finishing up the spring semester and once that is complete I will be 1/3 of the way through my program and expect to graduate in August 2014. 

Additional things that have been going on: 
  • I have been devouring books lately. Actually devouring them. It is very good for the brain cells and I have been learning a lot. I am always open to recommendations and will give anything a try.
  • I am getting back into volunteering. So far, most of what I have done has been with the bulldog rescue group we got Cleo from. I have also been looking into helping with Special Olympics, Best Buddies, and an equine therapy group close to our house. Topics I am really interested in are animals, people with special needs, gay rights, women's rights and sex trafficking. Anyone who knows of groups or events that need volunteers in the St. Louis area, feel free to send me information.
  • I have been cooking- a lot. I never thought of myself as overly domestic, but I love cooking. 
Some examples:
 Homemade bread
Vegetarian enchiladas

That's the last year in a nutshell. Pretty much everything is an ongoing process, just taking small steps in multiple areas of our lives to grow both as individuals and as a couple. 
Until next time, much love

No comments:

Post a Comment